Thursday, February 12, 2015

Oscar De La Renta's Fashion Exhibit

Our local SCAD Museum of Art is currently exhibiting some of Oscar De La Renta's iconic dresses. I had the priveledge of going to check them out. As a bonus I went on our Super Museum day which meant the visit was free for all who came so the family tagged along with me. To be quite honest I haven't really followed De La Renta's career and need to do a little research to understand his design evolution. But as far as the exhibit goes I liked several of his pieces and appreciate his workmanship. As an aspiring designer myself I definitely respect his work and the reputation he built for himself. His artistry was and continues to be such a gift. If you find yourself in the Savannah area his work will be on display through May so it's worth checking out. Anyhow here's some pics below and I don't have alot of commentary to go with them since it was full of people and I didn't have a ton of time to spare. I'm considering going back so I can spend much longer studying each piece. And yes I must admit I checked the finishings (visually only, touching not allowed) on these pieces and they're impeccable. You can tell an exceptional garment not only by the way it's sewn but more importantly in my opinion by the way it is finished!
(Red floral dress worn by Beyonce. I liked the detail in this)










 (The Hubby was checking out the work as well)


 (LOVED THIS PIECE)








(Those bows were stitched on top of the fabric)

8 comments:

  1. Wow what a nice display! I wish I could have joined you it would've been so much fun! Beautiful dresses! Thanks for sharing the exhibit with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks for sharing. Having just recently gone to the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition in Melbourne, I know the photos don't do it justice. Hope it comes to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a treat. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a treat. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling and so jealous that you have such exhibitions near you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you sound like you had so much fun. I love the Beyonce flower dress and the bow dress is great too. WHat fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos. I loved Oscar de le Renta's designs and was saddened to hear of his passing last year. He will be sorely missed in the fashion industry but his designs live on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails